There are numerous situations and reasons to contact an emergency electrician. Here are a few instances.
A switch that trips
If your electricity keeps going off because your trip switch is cutting off the power, it's time to isolate the problem and get the tripping switch fixed. You can try to diagnose the problem yourself by turning off electronics and appliances, but contacting an emergency electrician is a safer, better option.
Even if you think you've figured out what's wrong with a trip switch, you'll almost certainly need an electrician to fix it.
Flames or sparks
Electrical appliances that spark - If you notice any appliance generating a crackling sound or emitting sparks, it could be very dangerous. While you call an emergency electrician, make sure everyone in the house is safe and keep the appliance or socket away from potential contact.
In extreme cases, a device could catch fire. Everyone's safety and preventing a fire from spreading are top objectives, and they should be quickly followed by the action of contacting someone who can solve any electrical difficulties before more problems arise.
Electric shocks caused by malfunctioning electrical circuits?
Faulty electrical circuitry - Similar to sparks, if you or a member of your family has received an electric shock when in contact with an appliance or socket, something is definitely wrong. Your electric circuit may be faulty and should be inspected right away to discover if there are any problems.
If an electrical outlet or connected device has come into contact with water, touching it can be extremely hazardous. Before removing any appliance, the power should be turned off, and the socket should be inspected and dried out before the power is turned back on.
There is no power or electricity.
You may be experiencing no electricity at all rather than just a trip switch turning off the power. The first step is to ensure that the problem is not caused by a faulty trip switch. If it isn't, there are two probable issues:
For starters, there could be a power outage in the region. The next step should be to contact your local power company to find out and report the problem.
If there have been no recorded or known power outages or power failures in the neighbourhood, there could be a problem with your property. The best solution is to call an emergency electrician who can arrive within hours.